Indoor Air Quality is a growing concern. Most household dust contains dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen and animal dander. Many of these contaminants are circulated through the central air systems in most homes and can aggravate the symptoms of asthma and allergies.
The Duct cleaning with the Rotobrush hepa vacuum machine is the only self-contained method that brushes and vacuums the debris at the same time. The dirt is brushed loose inside the air duct and immediately swept up by the powerful dual vacuums. The patented design allows for agitation and suction at the point of contact and is great for accessing hard to reach places. It is effective in all types of ductwork including sheet metal, flex duct and fiberboard.
Indoor Air Quality Checklist
- Do any family members suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Does anyone in your family have frequent headaches, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, or irritated nose and throat at night or in the morning?
- Does anyone smoke in your house? (Or have in the past?)
- Do you have dogs, cats or other pets in your house?
- Do you notice dust on your fixtures shortly after cleaning?
- Do you notice musty smells when the air conditioner runs?
- Is your home 5 years old or more?
Dust consisting of dirt, pollen, germs, fibers, mold spores, hair and more gets drawn into your ventilation system. About 95% of these particles will pass through the filter and back into the room air, or it accumulates on the fan blades, grills, or in the ductwork.
This buildup can reduce air flow up to 40%. It is also a breeding ground for bacteria and molds that can cause allergic reactions in many people and is also a source of musty odors. Remember — most problems with indoor air quality are invisible and odorless! Ductwork should be cleaned every three years.